#2 St. Cloud State to Host Minnesota State, Moorhead
The #2 St. Cloud State University wrestling team (12-2, 4-0 NSIC) will continue its 2014-15 conference wrestling season on Thursday, Feb. 5 with a 7 p.m. match against NSIC rival Minnesota State University, Moorhead. The match will take place in SCSU’s Halenbeck Hall.
Fans can purchase tickets at the gate for this match and all SCSU students with a valid SCSU ID card will be admitted FREE to this important NSIC showdown. Just show your ID card at the gate and you get in FREE…it is that easy.
Click Here: camisetas de futbol baratas
Fans can follow the action live at this match on www.trackwrestling.com and they can listen to John O. Peterson with the live call on KVSC’s sports stream. If you can’t make it to Halenbeck, the match will be lived streamed on the Stretch Internet feed – this is a free video streaming service.
SCSU Wrestling Highlights and News
- SCSU owns a 12-2 overall record and a perfect 4-0 record in the always rugged NSIC. SCSU will continue its conference season with a match at home against Minnesota State, Moorhead on Feb. 5.
- The Huskies were ranked #2 in the latest NCAA Division II national poll. This marks the highest national ranking this season for the Huskies in the national polls. Individually, SCSU’s Mike Rhone was ranked #6 in the nation at 133-pounds, Josh Howk was ranked #7 at 149-pounds, Clint Poster was ranked #2 at 157-pounds, Gabe Fogarty was ranked #3 at 165-pounds and Austin Goergen was ranked #3 at 285-pounds in the national DII polls.
- The Huskies remained unbeaten in the NSIC with a 49-0 win over Mary on Jan. 30 and a 46-2 win over Minot State on Jan. 31 with both matches played at SCSU.
- SCSU has now won 22 consecutive home matches and 32 consecutive matches in the NSIC.
- #2 ranked Clint Poster retained his unbeaten streak this season with a pair of wins against Mary and Minot. Poster is now 28-0 this season for the Huskies. The current SCSU record for most wins in a season is 40, which was set by Shamus O’Grady in 2012-13 and Tad Merritt in 2010-11.
- #3 Gabe Fogarty continued his success this season with two more wins over the weekend. Fogarty currently owns a 19-2 record this winter.
- At 285-pounds. #3 Austin Goergen got back onto the mats this weekend and turned in a pair of major decision victories. He now owns a near-perfect 24-1 record this season that features a team-high 13 pins. In two years at SCSU, Goergen has 32 pins. He set a team record in 2013-14 with 19 pins.
- Mike Rhone moved up to #6 in the national polls at 133-pounds last week. He posted a victory for the Huskies against Minot State and now owns a 9-3 tally this season that features three falls.
- V.J. Giulio, who joined the team at the semester break, has made a quick impact this year with his 6-2 record at 197-pounds. He charted his first fall as a Husky with a pin of Minot’s Taylor Barstad on Jan 31 in St. Cloud.
View More College News