NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo Night 2 Result (1/28): Sapporo, JPN
NJPW presents it’s 2nd day of the New Beginning in Sapporo Event. The show opens up with an announcement that Hiroshi Tanahashi won’t be at the show due to the beat-down he suffered from Minoru Suzuki the night before.
– Juice Robinson def. Katsuya Kitamura by pinfall with Pulp Friction. (Kitamura Challenge Series Match 3)
– Suzuki-Gun (El Desperado, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) def. Jushin “Thunder” Liger, Ryusuke Taguchi, Shota Umino & Tiger Mask IV by pinfall with a Thrust Kick from Taichi on Umino. After the match, Suzuki-Gun continues the beat-down on the baby-faces and unmask Tiger Mask and even putting his mask on Miho Abe at one point.
– Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) def. Bullet Club (Hikuleo & Yujiro Takahashi) by pinfall with a Folding Press from Yano on Hikuleo.
– Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) def. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, Togi Makabe & Tomoyuki Oka by pinfall with a Package Piledriver from Owens on Oka.
– Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka) def. Michael Elgin & Toa Henare by submission with a Kneebar from Suzuki on Henare. After the match, as Henare is isolated, Suzuki-Gun put boots to him but Togi Makabe makes the save.
– Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page & Marty Scurll) def. David Finlay, Kota Ibushi & KUSHIDA by pinfall with Rite of Passage from Page on KUSHIDA.
– Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) def. Chaos (Gedo, Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI) by submission with Skull End from SANADA on Gedo. After the match, the Young Lions and the other members of Chaos try and hold YOSHI-HASHI from attacking Naito more, but YOSHI-HASHI doesn’t seem to be affected by it.
– Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) def. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) (c) by pinfall with a Small Package from YOH on Matt Jackson to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
– ”Switchblade” Jay White def. Kenny Omega (c) by pinfall with Blade Runner to win the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Hangman Page comes down and interrupts White’s celebration to immediately issue a challenge for the IWGP United States Championship, but Kenny yanks the belt from Page and presents it to White.
Omega and Page get in each other’s faces and Cody comes down to intensify Bullet Club’s squabble as Switchblade gets out of Dodge. Kenny and Cody shove each other again and Omega ends up pie-facing Matt Jackson to the mat when he tries to keep the peace. Kenny makes his apologies but the Young Bucks leave and Scurll leaves shortly after them as he tells Omega and Rhodes to work out their issues. Kenny slaps hands with Page and has it out with Cody and they settle on a fist-bump themselves.
Cody suddenly hits the Cross Rhodes on Omega as he goes to leave the ring. Marty Scurll comes right back to try and talk some sense to Cody, but it seems like he has lost his mind as he rants and raves and he takes Kevin Kelly’s chair from him. Hangman Page holds Omega in place, but Kota Ibushi makes the save. Ibushi extends a hand but Kenny refuses his assistance and he just uses the ropes to stand himself up. Kota takes matters into his own hands and pulls Omega in for a hug. The night ends with Ibushi and Omega standing together side-by-side.