Sanders denies campaign was not transparent about heart attack: 'That's nonsense'

Sen. Bernie SandersBernie SandersThe Hill’s 12:30 Report: Milley apologizes for church photo-op Harris grapples with defund the police movement amid veep talk Biden courts younger voters — who have been a weakness MORE (I-Vt.) denied on Wednesday that his campaign had not been transparent about his heart attack last week, saying the suggestion itself is “nonsense.”

“That’s nonsense,” Sanders told NBC News. “I don’t know what people think campaigns are, you know we’re dealing with all kinds of doctors and we wanted to have a sense of what the hell was going on really.”

Click Here: Maori All Blacks StoreADVERTISEMENT

Sanders, 78, suffered a heart attack last week in Las Vegas, which led his campaign to cancel his events until further notice. He left the hospital on Friday after having two stents placed in a blocked coronary artery.

He said on Tuesday that he plans to slow down his pace on the presidential campaign to make sure “make sure that I have the strength to do what I have to do.”

However, Sanders told NBC News on Wednesday that he misspoke when he said he was going to scale back his activities on the campaign trail. 

“I misspoke the other day. I said a word I should not have said and media drives me a little bit nuts to make a big deal about it,” Sanders said.  “We’re going to get back into the groove of a very vigorous campaign, I love doing rallies and I love doing town meetings.”

His campaign has confirmed that he will participate in the Oct. 15 Democratic debate in Westerville, Ohio. 

Sanders’s hospitalization has brought newfound attention on the issue of age and health on the presidential campaign trail. Biden and other top Democratic candidates Sen. Elizabeth WarrenElizabeth WarrenWarren, Democrats urge Trump to back down from veto threat over changing Confederate-named bases OVERNIGHT DEFENSE: Joint Chiefs chairman says he regrets participating in Trump photo-op | GOP senators back Joint Chiefs chairman who voiced regret over Trump photo-op | Senate panel approves 0B defense policy bill Trump on collision course with Congress over bases with Confederate names MORE (D-Mass.) and former Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenHillicon Valley: Biden calls on Facebook to change political speech rules | Dems demand hearings after Georgia election chaos | Microsoft stops selling facial recognition tech to police Trump finalizing executive order calling on police to use ‘force with compassion’ The Hill’s Campaign Report: Biden campaign goes on offensive against Facebook MORE are all in their 70s. President TrumpDonald John TrumpSenate advances public lands bill in late-night vote Warren, Democrats urge Trump to back down from veto threat over changing Confederate-named bases Esper orders ‘After Action Review’ of National Guard’s role in protests MORE is 73.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *